8 - 12 people
Our easy recipe for an irresistible breakfast dish, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with whipped cream.
- 9 cups (2.25 L) cubed day-old egg bread
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) LINDOR White Chocolate Stracciatella Truffles, chopped
- 1½ cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¾ cup (175 mL) milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) bourbon (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 mL) maple syrup
Heat oven to 350°F (180°F). Lightly grease 9-inch (23 cm) round springform pan. In large bowl, toss together bread, almonds and half of the chopped LINDOR Truffles; set aside.
Whisk together cream, milk, eggs, sugar, bourbon (if using), vanilla and salt. Slowly pour over bread mixture, tossing to combine. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes, pressing lightly if needed to ensure that bread absorbs milk mixture. Transfer to prepared pan.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and set. Sprinkle with remaining LINDOR Truffles. Let stand for 10 minutes.
TOPPING: Using electric mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form; beat in icing sugar and vanilla until just combined. Serve bread pudding drizzled with maple syrup and topped with whipped cream.