Chocolate for breakfast? Don’t mind if we do. Swap your morning coffee with this filling, caffeinated shake featuring dark chocolate, almond milk and banana.
Upgrade your wake-up call with this refreshing chocolate shake. A jolt of espresso plus a touch of sweetness and spice makes this drink a delicious twist on a smoothie, or adult-approved milkshake.
Substitution Tip: Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate can be substituted with Lindt EXCELLENCE 90% or Lindt EXCELLENCE 78% Cacao Dark Chocolate.
- 3 cups (710 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 2 shots espresso, cooled (about ¼ cup (60 mL) or ½ cup (120 mL) strong coffee, cooled
- 4 squares (40 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Cocoa nibs to garnish
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
In a blender combine almond milk, banana, dates, cinnamon and espresso. Blend on high until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add finely chopped Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Dark Chocolate and blend mixture on high until well combined, about 1 minute. There may be a few fine chocolate chunks in milkshake.
Pour into two glasses and garnish with cocoa nibs and chocolate shavings.