Mastering this delicious and homemade hot fudge sauce is an extra special treat that’ll win over any crowd.
This sauce is so easy to make yet tastes like it came straight from your favourite parlour. The recipe uses dark chocolate for a rich, glossy effect that’ll dress up any summer ice cream scoop.
- 1 bar (100g) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80mL) corn or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup (80mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Place chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl and melt in a bain-marie. Add corn or maple syrup, icing sugar, cream, vanilla extract and salt.
Whisk to form a homogeneous sauce. Serve with ice cream.
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum, brandy or Grand Marnier in step 2 for a twist on flavour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.