These cookies feature everyone's favourite holiday flavour - candy cane!
- 1¼ cups (310mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2mL) salt
- ⅓ cup (75mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125mL) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 6 (72g) Lindor Candy Cane Truffles, chopped
- 6 mini candy canes, chopped
Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and beater, turn mixer to low, then add egg, then vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix on low. Stir just until the flour disappears. Stir in chopped Lindor and candy cane pieces. Mix just to combine.
Transfer dough to an airtight container and chill in the fridge overnight.
Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Divide chilled dough into 18 pieces, roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1.5 inches (4 cm) apart.
Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.