Don’t leave home without these no-bake energy treats, which pack nuts, oats and seeds for instant snack gratification
“Coming from a family with three boys meant spending a lot of time outside over the holidays. We would all help my dad put up the Christmas lights, rotating whose turn it was to hold the ladder. Sometimes we would be off wrestling or building a snow fort so I’m not sure how helpful we were, but it was something we always did together. Skating was our common bond for as long as I can remember. My family spent so much time on the ice. My mom and aunts were figure skating coaches and it felt like we were always at a figure skating competition or hockey game. We also loved throwing around the puck on the frozen pond nearby.”
Ambassador Name: Scott Moir
Ambassador Title: Champion Figure Skater
- ½ cup (125mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 squares (50g) Lindt Excellence Dark Coconut Chocolate
- 1 cup (250mL) toasted sliced almonds or raw sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup (75mL) quick-cook oats
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pumpkin, sunflower or hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp (30mL) solid coconut oil
- ½ tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of half an orange (optional)
Place unsweetened coconut in a food processor and process until quite fine, but not puréed or wet. Set aside in a bowl to be used later.
Place chocolate, almonds and oats in the bowl of the same food processor. Process for about 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is quite fine. Add in chopped dates, seeds, coconut oil, vanilla and salt, and, if desired, zest from half an orange. Blend until mixture forms a ball.
Place mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Measure 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball. Roll each ball in the coconut until completely covered. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.