Sweet white chocolate and red raspberries partner to create this delicious mousse.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) frozen raspberries, thawed or fresh raspberries for ½ cup (125 ml) puree
- 1 cup (250ml) 35% cream
- 2 bars x 100 grams Lindt Swiss Classic White Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) white rum, raspberry, orange liqueur, or tequila (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) kosher salt
- Garnish (optional)
- Fresh raspberries
- Lindt Swiss Classic White Chocolate, grated or shaved
- Whipped cream
1. Push raspberries through fine strainer and reserve 1/2 cup of puree. Discard pulp.
2. Whip cream to stiff peaks. Stir raspberry puree, vanilla, liqueur, salt together and fold into whipped cream. Cover and reserve in fridge.
3. Melt chocolate in heat-proof bowl on top of small saucepan over barely simmering water for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is just melted, stirring occasionally (or in microwave on medium high power 30-45 second intervals, stirring in between). Stir to melt any remaining chocolate and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Fold one-third of raspberry cream into melted chocolate. Fold gently until completely combined. Add another third of cream, fold in, then add remaining. Fold all together gently until fully mixed.
5. Pour into individual 1/2 cup size serving cups or a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
6. Bring mousse to room temperature before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries and/or chocolate and whipped cream.