Easter Chocolate Carrot Cake
EXCELLENCE Горький 70% Какао 100 г
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 300g Carrots, grated
- 105g Walnuts, chopped
- 90g Macadamia nuts, roasted and chopped
- 50ml Cognac or Brandy
- 180g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70%, in chunks
- 120g Lindt EXCELLENCE Milk Chocolate, in chunks
- 315ml Macadamia nut oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 120g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% cacao dark chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 270g Icing sugar
- 365g All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 500g Cream cheese, softened
- 45 mL Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest, finely grated
- 12 White LINDOR Truffles, melted
- Roasted mixed nuts, chocolate curls or icing sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350⁰F and grease and line three 8-inch cake pans.
CAKE: Place 15 mL oil in a small saucepan along with the 120g 70% cacao dark chocolate. Gently heat until chocolate is melted.
Combine the remaining oil, eggs, sugar and the chocolate mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer. Give it a quick stir to help dissolve the sugar.
In a separate bowl, stir the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly beat into the wet mixture.
Stir in the carrots, walnuts, macadamia nuts and cognac.
Stir in the 180g of 70% cacao dark chocolate and milk chocolate chunks.
Divide the batter evenly between your three 8-inch greased and lined cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
ICING: Place the cream cheese, lemon juice and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until creamy. Mix in the melted White LINDOR Truffles. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
Spread 1/3 of the icing over the top of each layer. Place the bottom layer on a cake stand and top with remaining iced cakes.
Place the bottom layer on a cake stand and top with 1/3 of the icing and then layer on additional cakes topping each cake with 1/3 of the icing over the top of each layer.
FINISHING TOUCHES: Top the iced cake with some roasted mixed nuts, a Lindt GOLD BUNNY or LINDOR Eggs, chocolate curls or a dust of icing sugar.
Write Your Own Review