Checkered LINDOR Tart
Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles, 150-Gram Bag
- 1¾ cups (425mL) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (75mL) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup (175mL) cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE FILLING
- ½ cup (125mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 bars (200g) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 8 LINDOR White Chocolate Truffles (plus extra in case of breakage), sliced in half with a very sharp knife
- 8 LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles (plus extra in case of breakage), sliced in half with a very sharp knife
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a medium bowl, whisk flour with sugar and salt. Grate in cold butter. Mix together with your fingertips until well blended. Add egg. Mix until dough comes together, then gather into a ball and slice in half. Form into two balls and reserve one for a future tart (it freezes well). Wrap remaining ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Prepare the ganache by heating cream in a saucepan on medium heat until hot. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate, blending until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Roll out chilled pastry on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle to fit a fluted 14x4-inch (35x10-cm) tart tin, making sure you have enough pastry to cover the sides. The dough is very buttery and can be difficult to transfer so you may prefer to evenly press it into the tart tin.
Place tart tin on a baking sheet. Line pastry with a piece of parchment paper. Add pie weights or dried beans or rice and pre-bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove parchment paper and pie weights and continue baking for another 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before adding filling.
Fill pastry with chocolate ganache (warm ganache up slightly if it has cooled too much) and top with LINDOR Truffle halves, alternating between white and dark. Chill in the fridge for a half hour before drizzling leftover ganache on top.
Pairs well with: Vintage Port
Write Your Own Review