Lindt German Almond Crescent Cookies
Take your cookie game to the next level with these chocolate-dipped bites.
A popular treat in many eastern parts of Europe, these “vanilla crescent” cookies have many regional variations. Known as Vanillekipferl in Germany, they were originally made with ground walnuts and finished with vanilla-scented icing sugar. Ours pair an almond flavour profile with melted Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate.
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Redpath® Icing Sugar, divided
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure almond or vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (180 mL) almond flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3 bars (100 g each) Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate, finely chopped