Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
A classic recipe that’s so simple, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
Finding a chocolate brownie recipe with that perfect chewy, fudgy texture is the holy grail for both novice and expert bakers. It’s not unlike the never-ending hunt for easy chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies or even a classic dark chocolate cake.
So to help in the quest for that perfect brownie, we’ve done the research, sourced the best ingredients, tried all the test batches, and come up with what we think is the ultimate version. Featuring four different kinds of decadent Lindt Excellence chocolate, our brownie is rich and a little salty, so it’s not too sweet or overpowering. Make them and taste for yourself!
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 bars (200 g) Lindt Excellence 85% Cacao Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 (100g) bar Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 (100g) bar Lindt Excellence Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Flaky salt (like Maldon), for sprinkling
- 1 (100g) bar Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy, finely chopped (optional)