Chocolate Caramel Bundt Cake
Lindt LINDOR 70% Cacoa Dark Chocolate Bar, 100g
- 1 cup (250 mL) hot coffee
- ½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate, melted
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Lindor Dark Caramel Sea Salt Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 (100 g) bar of Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Frosted blackberries and red currants, optional (See Note)
Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Grease and lightly dust with flour a 12-cup (3 L) Bundt pan. Stir coffee with cocoa powder; set aside.
Using electric mixer, beat sugar with oil until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix into egg mixture alternately with coffee mixture in two additions. Stir in chopped chocolate truffles.
Scrape batter into prepared pan; bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto rack lined with parchment paper; let cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Ganache: Heat cream in saucepan until steaming; pour over chocolate in heatproof bowl. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Let cool for about 10 minutes or until glaze drips off spoon.
Pour glaze over top of cake and let stand for 30 minutes. Garnish with frosted blackberries and red currants if desired (see Note).
Note: In bowl, whisk 1 egg white until frothy. Add 1 cup berries or desired fruit (blackberries, red currants, strawberries or grapes). Toss to coat. Using fork, remove berries and transfer to shallow bowl containing 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar. Roll berries in sugar to coat. Transfer to rack. Let stand for 1 hour to overnight or until completely dry.
Write Your Own Review