Chocolate Fig Pistachio Pavlova
Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles, 240-Gram Bag
1 hour 30 minutes
10 - 12 people
- 5 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 1⅓ cups (325 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled pistachios, roughly chopped, divided
- 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn syrup
- 1½ cups (350 mL) of 35% whipping cream
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) sour cream or thick Greek yogurt
- 10 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
- 1 pkg (150 g) Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) shelled pistachios
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
- Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles, 240-Gram BagSpecial Price $10.19 Regular Price $11.99
Heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two 8-inch (20 cm) circles onto each sheet of parchment paper. Flip paper so the circles are visible but pencil markings are not exposed.
Using electric or stand mixer, whip egg whites and salt for 1 minute or until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, continuing to whip egg white mixture until sugar is fully incorporated, about 5 minutes more. Add vanilla and vinegar; beat for 1 minute. Fold in 3/4 cup (175 mL) pistachios.
Divide meringue mixture equally over the 4 circles, spreading with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula. Sprinkle each round with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of remaining pistachios. Put baking sheets in the oven; reduce temperature to 225°F (105°C). Bake 1 hour then turn oven off, leaving meringues in oven to cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Ganache In double boiler over medium-low heat, combine chocolate, whipping cream and corn syrup, stirring occasionally until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature. Note: You can also make the ganache ahead. Cool and store up to 3 days in the fridge, and reheat over simmering water until liquid before using.
Topping Combine whipping cream and sour cream in a bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form.
Assembly Transfer one meringue to cake plate or serving platter; spread with one-third of the whipped cream and drizzle with one quarter of the ganache. Top with second meringue layer, whipped cream and ganache; repeat layers once more. Top with final meringue layer; drizzle with remaining ganache and top with figs, truffles and pistachios. Serve immediately, or cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
Note: Instead of Milk Chocolate, you can substitute your favourite Lindor flavour. You can also sub fresh berries for the figs.
Write Your Own Review