Chocolate Snowflake Cookies
These slice-and-bake Christmas cookies are easy as 1-2-3.
Icebox cookies are the perfect holiday cookie. Not only are they easy to make, but they are versatile, lending themselves to different flavour combinations and toppings. (They're also pretty easy to whip up for a cookie exchange.) In fact, the base dough for this recipe can also be used to make cookies infused with dark chocolate chunks and topped with orange zest, or ones dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. Make one, or all three—it's up to you.
- Cookie Dough Base:
- 3 sticks (125 g each) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) icing sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (3 mL) salt
- Chocolate Snowflake Cookies:
- ½ bar (50 g) Lindt Excellence 78% Cacao Dark Chocolate
- Cookie dough (see Cookie Dough Base recipe)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- Snowflake stencil
- Blue icing for decoration
- Dragées for decoration