Excellence 70% Cacao Chocolate Cheesecake
Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar, 100g
1 hour 15 minutes
8 - 10 people
- 1½ cups (375mL) chocolate cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup (80mL) melted butter
- 2½ bars (100g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao, chopped
- 4 pkg (250g each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⅓ cup (330mL) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) cocoa
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Ganache Topping:
- 2½ bars (100g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao, chopped (reserve 2oz/60g for garnish)
- ¾ cup (185mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15mL) granulated sugar
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
Crust: Preheat oven to 350º F (180° C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and press evenly into pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool.
Filling: Melt chocolate over a double boiler and cool to room temperature.
In a food processor, mix cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time. Blend in chocolate.
Pour over crust and bake for one hour or until centre is set. Let cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Ganache Topping: In a medium saucepan, stir ingredients together until smooth. Pour over cooled cheesecake.
For garnish, decorate with chocolate shards by arranging them around the side of the cake. Learn how to make chocolate shards here.
Write Your Own Review