Double-Chocolate Mint Cookies
These cute shortbread cookies have the right balance between crispy and chewy.
Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar, 100g
- 3 bars (100 g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 2¼ cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) mint extract
- 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate, chopped into small chunks
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In double boiler over medium-low heat, melt dark chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Using electric mixer, cream butter with granulated and brown sugars until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low; beat in eggs, mint extract and melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Fold in mint chocolate chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookie tops are set. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
Write Your Own Review