Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar 100g
- 2 cups (475 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) flaked sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- ¾ cups (180 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cups (180 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) good-quality honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao, chopped
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F (175C). Line two baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together flour, ½ tsp sea salt, baking powder and soda; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with sugars and honey on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture until a smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate until combined.
Using a standard ice cream scoop (about ¼ cup in size), scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp sea salt.
Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until edges have set, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack; let cool completely.
Substitution tip: Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao can be substituted with 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt EXCELLENCE Hazelnut or Lindt EXCELLENCE Roasted Almond.
Write Your Own Review