Scottish Shortbread with Lindor Topper
This Christmas classic is sure to be the star of your cookie exchange.
Shortbread is a crowd-pleaser that’s popular year-round, but especially during the holidays. This stacked, star-shaped version is topped with a Lindor Truffle, but there are many shortbread variations you could bring along to a cookie exchange. Try these popular Lindt Mint Chocolate Shortbread Trees or even a Classic Lindt Shortbread with Sea Salt.
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) Redpath® Collection Organic Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp (3 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 bag (150 g) Lindor 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Truffles, or 10 Lindor Chocolate Truffles in a preferred flavour, sliced in half