White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
White chocolate provides the perfect balance to fresh, tart raspberries.
Tarts offer up the best of both dessert worlds: they look elegant and aren't complicated to make. Here, we've paired creamy white chocolate with fresh summer raspberries for a delicious seasonally-inspired dessert that also works year-round.
Lindt SWISS CLASSIC White Chocolate Bar, 100g
8 - 10 people
- 2 cups (500mL) vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- Icing sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- 4 bars (400g) Lindt Excellence White Vanilla Chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30mL) unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 3 cups (750mL) fresh raspberries
- 4 bars (400g) Lindt SWISS CLASSIC White Chocolate Bar chopped’
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss together cookie crumbs, butter and sugar until crumbs are evenly coated; press into 9-inch (23cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
To make filling, place chocolate in small heatproof bowl; set aside. Pour cream into small saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to simmer, stirring frequently. Pour over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Whisk in butter until combined.
Place in freezer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until chilled. Using electric mixer, beat for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Carefully spread over cooled tart shell; scatter raspberries over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. (Make ahead: Tart can be prepared, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.) Before serving, dust lightly with icing sugar and garnish with mint leaves.
Write Your Own Review