14 September 2021
How to Pair Wine, Cheese and Chocolate
Whether you're hosting a wrap party with friends or you've invited your neighbours over for some holiday cheer, chocolate and wine are a must. Here's your shopping list for which foods pair best with both.
Chateau St. Jean California Pinot Noir
Lindt Excellence Sea Salt Dark Chocolate. The juicy, ripe fruit flavours of the wine combine with this chocolate for an incredibly satisfying sweet and salty flavour profile, says Joey Krueger, Fine Wine Specialist for Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits. The sea salt of the chocolate balances the lush palate of this wine so both taste rich and generous with notes of ripe strawberries and toffee.
The snack plate
- Dried Cranberries Both tart and sweet, they temper any acidity in dark chocolate.
- Jamon Iberico This cured ham that hails from Spain and Portugal complements the chocolate’s salty and sweet flavours.
- Roasted Cashews This soft nut draws out the nutty notes in both chocolate and cheese.
- Gruyère A firm and nutty cheese emphasize the sweetness of the chocolate.
- Pomegranate This seasonal fruit adds a beautifully festive touch, and its tangy pieces are delicious with chocolate.