01 December 2021
Homemade Chocolate Christmas Gifts
DIY these easy gift ideas as holiday treats for neighbours, friends and memorable party favours.
Ricardo’s Chocolate Pecan Spread
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2 cups (500 mL)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 8 oz (240 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) toasted pecans, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Lindt Chocolate Santa Sleigh Craft
- 1 Lindt EXCELLENCE chocolate bar
- 1 Lindt Swiss Classic chocolate bar
- Gift wrap
- Hot glue gun
- 2 candy canes
- 4 LINDOR Mini Balls
- Glue stick
- 2 Lindt Chocolate Santas
- Paper sleigh template
- Red cardstock
- 5 Peppermint Cookie Truffles
- 5 Candy Cane Truffles
- 2 small cellophane bags
- Thin ribbon
- Wrap chocolate bars and stack the smaller Swiss Classic bar on top of the EXCELLENCE bar. Secure with small hot glue dots.
- Tape the candy canes onto the bottom of the EXCELLENCE bar to create the base of the sleigh.
- Glue four LINDOR Mini Balls to the bottom of the EXCELLENCE bar, and attach Lindt Santas on top with small pieces of tape or hot glue dots.
- Download this sleigh template and print on red cardstock. Cut out and assemble with a glue stick.
- Fill sleigh with LINDOR Truffles placed inside two small cello bags and tied with ribbon.
LINDOR Paper Cones
- 12×12-inch (30×30-cm) square of patterned paper
- Glue stick
- LINDOR Truffles
- Gift tag or label
- Fold the paper in half diagonally to create a triangle shape.
- Open the paper up and cut along the crease line. You will end up with two triangular shapes.
- Take one of the papers and position it so the longest side is at the top of your work surface. Place your index finger in the centre of this longest side.
- Next, pick up the top right edge of the longest side and curl the paper around so that the tip meets the bottom point of the triangle. This will create a cone-like shape.
- Once you understand how to create the cone shape, repeat step 4, but this time apply glue to the back side of the top right edge. Press the side with glue down and secure it in place.
- Apply glue to the remainder of the exposed paper. Pick up the top left edge and wrap the paper around the cone shape, completing the process.
- Fill the cone with LINDOR Truffles.
- Fold over the flap and secure with a gift tag or label. Repeat with the other triangle.
Lindt Dark Chocolate-Dipped Treats
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Servings: Makes 100+ pieces
- 3 bars (300 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE 78% Cacao Dark Chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- Candied orange peel (available at specialty stores, or click here for recipe link)
- Candy canes
- Mini meringues
- Extra large pretzels
- Pistachios, chopped
- Temper chocolate. Click here for the how-to.
- Once chocolate is tempered, gently dip each item, then place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to set.
- Once the pretzels have been dipped, immediately sprinkle them with chopped pistachios.
Substitution Tip: Lindt EXCELLENCE 78% Cacao Dark Chocolate can be substituted with Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate or Lindt EXCELLENCE Intense Mint Dark Chocolate