A simple craft to spruce up your tree.
Inspired by ornaments you’d find in a Swiss Christmas market, these DIY decorations are made with felt and natural wood. Both kids and adults will enjoy making this sweet (and easy) holiday craft.
- Cotton braiding cord or thin string
- Glue gun
- Small ⅜-inch (1-cm) wooden beads
- ⅞-inch (2-cm) felt pompoms (white and taupe)
- Lindor Chocolate Truffles (we used Milk Chocolate and Peppermint Cookie)
- Cut some cord (approximately 8 inches/20 cm long) and fold it in half.
- Tie a knot at the bottom of the cord, creating a loop. Cut off any excess.
- Place a dot of glue on the knot and adhere it to a wooden bead (where the hole is). Hold together for 20 to 30 seconds until dry to the touch – do this each time you glue different pieces together.
- Place a dot of glue on the other side of the wooden bead and adhere it to a felt pompom.
- Place a dot of glue inside the tail of a Lindor Chocolate Truffle and adhere it to the felt pompom.
- Wait until the glue is completely dry before hanging the ornament on your tree.