When temperatures rise, it’s the ideal time to serve your friends and family some cool and refreshing treats. In fact, why not invite everyone over for an ice cream party? Here, we’ve rounded up a few more ways to chill out, whether you’re hosting a dinner al fresco or just spending time outdoors. These three mouth-watering treats do double-duty, serving up the wow factor while offering a deliciously refreshing respite when things heat up.
Frozen Chocolate Mocha Soufflé
Prep time: 30 minutes (+4 hours chilling)
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp (205 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 30g instant mocha coffee
- 2 bars (200 g) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate (separated)
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) sugar
- Amaretti biscuits, coarsely chopped or crushed, for sprinkling
- Heat milk, cream and instant mocha coffee, then remove from heat, leaving mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in six espresso or mocha cups, insert a strip of parchment paper, about 3cm wide and 10cm long, in such a way that the soufflé can rise about 2cm above the rim. Use tape to hold this strip in place. Break 1 bar of Lindt chocolate into small pieces.
- Separate the eggs. Using a bain-marie, beat egg yolks into the mocha-cream-milk mixture until it has a thick consistency. Gradually add the pieces of chocolate, stirring as they melt into the hot cream. Allow to cool.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Gradually add sugar while beating. Fold it carefully into the chocolate cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into each cup to top of paper ring. Place cups in the freezer for 4 hours.
Melt second bar of chocolate. Remove paper strips from the cups and pour some melted chocolate onto the frozen soufflés. Sprinkle with crushed amaretti for decoration, and serve.
Mint Chocolate Popsicles
Prep time: 5 minutes (+6 hours chilling)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 bars (100 g each) Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) 3.25% milk, divided
- Gently heat chopped chocolate with ½ cup of milk in a large saucepan on medium-low until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and velvety.
- Slowly add remaining milk, stirring constantly over medium heat. Continue mixing until dark chocolate milk is evenly mixed and smooth.
- Divide dark chocolate milk between 10 popsicle moulds. Top with lids and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until frozen (at least 6 hours).
- To unmould the mint chocolate popsicles, fill a deep pan with hot water that is as deep as the height of the moulds. Dip moulds in hot water just long enough to release the popsicles when pulling on the stick.
Maître Chocolatier Tip: After removing the popsicles from their moulds, dip the ends in melted dark chocolate. Serve when solid.
Mint Chocolate Speckled Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp Dutch process or raw cocoa powder
- ⅓-½ cup (80-125 mL) milk or nut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 squares (10 g each) Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Place the sliced banana, cocoa powder, milk and honey in the blender. Use either ⅓ cup or ½ cup of milk, depending on how thin or thick you like your smoothie.
- Blend the mixture on medium until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ice cubes and blend again on medium for 30 more seconds.
- Add finely chopped Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate and process in 2-3 short bursts, just until blended through. Pour into 2 glasses, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Maître Chocolatier Tip: For a deeper chocolate experience, melt 2 squares of Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate in the microwave for 25 seconds, or a bain-marie until just melted, and add to the mixture with the banana.